The USDA Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC) will host a workshop at the National Agricultural Library (NAL) in Beltsville, Maryland. This workshop will include a day and a half for those with the responsiblity for providing information to meet the requirements of the Animal Welfare Act (AWA).
The target audience for the workshop is principal investigators, members of IACUCs, information providers, administrators of animal use programs, and veterinarians.
Course objectives are to provide:
- Overview of the AWA and its information requirements
- Review of the alternatives concept
- Introduction to NAL, AWIC and other organizations
- Instruction on the use of existing information databases/networks
- On-line database searching experience
The next workshop is October 3-4, 2012 in Beltsville, MD.
For more information, go to http://www.nal.usda.gov/awic/awicworkshops/regform.htm.